[Njabs-talk] Important information, please act! Budget Alert--URGENT!!! Send messages NOW!!!

EVELYN E. VALDEZ tweetybaby19 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 8 19:38:41 UTC 2011

FYI:
>From Carol Castellano, President of POBC (Parents of Blind Children) of NJ.

Hello All,

It is time to launch the very last stage of our effort to save our
children's Commission for the Blind services.  As I'm sure you recall, the
proposal to cut over 30% of the Commission's teaching staff is currently in
the budget.  Our job is to convince the legislators to take it out!

We are doing very well with our effort, and think we have a real shot at
winning this.  We have been advised to contact each member of the budget
committees one more time.  We can use our original simple
message--
  a.. Don't make this cut--the services are too important to our kids.
  b.. Restore the money to the Commission's budget.
  c.. Specify that the restored funding is to be used to retain the
teachers.
The budget negotiations will begin any day now and will be concluded
soon--possibly in the third week of June.  So we HAVE TO ACT IMMEDIATELY!

Please read the attached Alert which contains details of what we have
learned about the Commission's planned cut.  Then EMAIL THE BUDGET COMMITTEE
TODAY!!! The Alert contains a sample message and all the email addresses.
You can copy and paste them in.  Please let me know that you have written
and if you receive a response.

Last but not least, we  would like each budget committee member to receive
letters in Braille from the children.  If your child is a braille user and
is old enough to write a letter, PLEASE CONTACT ME
ASAP.   You can email me the letter or read it to me over the phone.
We have the ability to produce the letters on a braille embosser so that
your child would not have to write out 25 of them :-).  We'll then write in
the print so that the legislators can read them.  We would like to include a
photo of the child with each letter, so please also email me a photo of your
child.

If you can help with the mailing, let me know!

THIS EFFORT NOW DEPENDS ON THESE LAST STEPS!  PLEASE READ THE ATTACHED ALERT
AND SEND YOUR MESSAGE TO THE LEGISLATORS RIGHT NOW!

We can do this!!!

Carol

Carol Castellano
President, Parents of Blind Children-NJ
23 Alexander Ave., Madison NJ 07940
973-377-0976
blindchildren at verizon.net
www.blindchildren.org
Hi Angela, I sent this to you separately in case you don't get it when I
send it out on mass distribution. Best, Bea