[Njabs-talk] National Association of Blind Students 2011 Business Meeting Agenda!

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 03:12:13 UTC 2011

Hello all,
Below is the agenda for the 2011 NABS business meeting! At this time
the agenda is full and we are unable to accommodate any more
presentations. However, if you have an announcement about a convention
event or a program that you would like students to know about, you can
give me a Brailled announcement that I will read aloud during the
meeting (much like Dr. Maurer handles announcements during the general
sessions). I will also keep all the Braille announcements up at the
head table so students can come up and look at them afterward if they
want the information repeated. If you would like to submit an
announcement, please get it to me in Braille and bring it to the NABS
meeting room between 6:15 and 9:15 p.m. You may also submit
announcements to me by email before noon Eastern time on Friday, July
1 (so I have time to go get them Brailled).
See you in Orlando!
Arielle Silverman
President, National Association of Blind Students

National Association of Blind Students
Annual Seminar and Business Meeting
Monday, July 4, 2011
Rosen Shingle Creek Resort, Orlando, FL
“Collaborating for equality, conspiring for success”

6:15-7:00 pm Registration
7:00-7:05 Call to order and welcome: Arielle Silverman, President,
National Association of Blind Students
7:05-7:20 A word from our national president: Marc Maurer, President,
National Federation of the Blind
7:20-7:40: Updates from Our Reading Partners
Mary Alexander, Learning Ally
Allison Hilliker, Collection Development Associate, BookShare

7:40-8:00 Introducing the Student E-Rent Pilot Project!
Sandra Ho, Manager, Student E-Rent Pilot Project, Alternative Media
Access Center, Georgia Institute of Technology
Kevin Chao, STEPP Advisory Member
8:00-8:10 Update from the UVM Tactile Graphing Project
Al Maneki, University of Vermont
8:10-8:20 From Rocket On! Academy to the FBI: One Blind Student’s Journey
Alysha Jeans, Electronics Engineer, Federal Bureau of Investigation
8:20-8:30 Updates from ETS and the Department of Education
Ruth Loew, Assistant Director of Disability Policy, ETS
Dave Rives, U.S. Department of Education

8:30-8:50 Introducing the 2011 NFB Scholarship Class
Patti Chang, Chair, NFB Scholarship Committee
8:50-8:55 A Word about the NIB Fellows Program and other Employment
Training Opportunities
Bruce Sexton Jr., Fellow, National Industries for the Blind
8:55-9:05 Announcements
9:05-9:15 presidential report
9:15-10:00 elections
10:00 adjourn