[Njabs-talk] Hugely needed update

Shafeka Hashash shafekah at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 00:37:43 UTC 2013

Hello all,
It has been quite some time since we, the board, have sent out a
thorough update. This will be a tad long so please bare with me.
First and formost we apologise for the lack of transparency between
your new board and the students. We are committed to ensuring the
success of NJABS and have been working quite hard on exciting summer
activities and have therefor lost track of logistical things like
regular emails. We will make sure to stay on top of this better.
Second, please add NJABS on facebook. We are under New Jersey Blind
Students, and this page contains regular updates. As the age of
technology is with us we want to move forward with it.
Lastly, for those who may not know, this summer we have booked a
retreat center and are sending 30 students from New Jersey, New York,
and surrounding areas i.e philidelphia etc to a fantastic workshop for
college age students that are blind working to close the wage gap
between persons with disabilities and those without. This will be 4
days for a minor copay of $50 for future college leaders. More
information will be released in the coming weeks regarding how to
apply for this program. Stay tuned!
All the Best,
NJABS Board

--