[NJABS-Talk] Orcam Demo Event

iliregoca at gmail.com iliregoca at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 00:47:18 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

I have been part of this e-mail list for several years and I was also a
member of NJABS back in 2017.  There is a nonprofit organization here in New
Jersey called Share the Vision and the founder, Eve Posner, is holding a
demo event if any of you would like to try an Orcam MyEye device.  The Orcam
is a little wearable that you attach to your glasses and it uses
text-to-speech to read printed materials, recognize faces, read barcodes,
and orient you to your surroundings.  I have attached the flyer and I have
also pasted the text of the flyer below for everyone's convenience.

You're invited to a special
OrCam event March 9 - 11, 10 - 4 pm.
Social distancing and & CDC protocols followed.
What Is OrCam?
. Assistive technology for people with reading, print and vision challenges.
. An advanced device that takes a picture of text and reads back the words
aloud in
real-time. No internet or WiFi needed.
. A wearable or handheld digital reader that captures full pages or selected
text.
Reads print on paper and text on a screen, identifies faces, products and
more.
. A lightweight, portable and discreet personal assistant that talks to you!
. Used by people worldwide to increase independence and get back to what
they
love doing.
How Does It Work?
It's easy! Point and take a picture! OrCam snaps a photo of what's in front
of you, and
quickly converts the visual information into audio. OrCam speaks what it
sees.
Who Is A Candidate?
Anyone living with impaired vision, reading difficulties, dyslexia, learning
challenges, eye
fatigue or headaches from reading. The user must be able to hear with or
without hearing
aids. Questions? Ask your eye doctor or call Eve at the number below.
**Please note OrCam does not improve eyesight or help see better.
Try it. Free!
March 9-11th 10-4
By appointment
only