[Njagdu] We Need Your Help to Continue Our Discussions with Delta Airlines

NAGDU President blind411 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 15 03:08:22 UTC 2018

Please circulate the following message as widely as appropriate.

Dear Colleagues,

                On January 19, in response to growing concerns over poorly
behaved emotional support animals in the aircraft cabin, Delta Airlines
announced a policy change that would have had an adverse effect on
passengers accompanied by trained service animals. As the voice of the
nation's blind, the National Federation of the Blind and its special
interest division - the National Association of Guide Dog Users - arranged a
meeting with Delta's upper level management to help them understand the
negative impact this policy would have on guide dog users. As the direct
result of this meeting,Delta Airlines revised its policy to be more
congruent with the Air Carrier Access Act.

                On Tuesday, April 10, the leadership of the National
Federation of the Blind and the National Association of Guide dog Users,
along with executive staff from the Jernigan Institute will meet with Delta
representatives to discuss the further EVOLUTION of their service animal
policy and the protocol that will implement this policy. We are seeking
input from Delta patrons who are guide and other service animal users
concerning their experiences with Delta staff as it pertains to both
positive and negative interaction with telephone customer service
representatives, airport personnel, gate staff, and flight attendants in an
aeffort to help understand the practical application of this policy and
develop procedures to implement this policy. We ask that you provide us the
following information:

The date of the contact with Delta personnel

Your name

Your city & state

Your email address & telephone number

The personnel with whom the interaction took place

The location of the interaction

A description of the interaction

The resolution of the issue, if any

                In order to compile this information in a timely manner,
please provide this information to us no later than Wednesday, April 4,
2018. You may share your comments with us by email by sending them to

info at nagdu.org

or by calling the NAGDU Information & Advocacy Hotline at 888-624-3841 and
pressing "3" to leave your comments. We thank you in advance for your
involvement as we work together to ensure  the protection of our civil
rights.

With kind regards,

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789

President at NAGDU.ORG

Visit our website <http://nagdu.org/>

Follow us on Twitter <http://twitter.com/nagdu>

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind  people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you back.