[Njagdu] Reminder: NFB's rideshare testing program

Trisha patriciaebel0302 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 8 02:22:26 UTC 2019

Hello Guide Dog Users,

Below is information about the Ubor and Lyft rideashare program.  If you use
either service I am asking that you take the survey.   It is really
important and I encourage you to do so.  Below is information about the
program and here is the link to get right to the survey.

https://nfb.org/programs-services/legal-program/uber-and-lyft-survey.

Uber and Lyft Information

In an effort to resolve allegations of Uber and Lyft driver discrimination
against passengers with service animals, the National Federation of the
Blind recently entered into landmark settlement agreements with both
rideshare companies.

Terms of the agreements require Uber and Lyft to revise their policies and
procedures to include additional training for employees and contractors, and
contract termination for drivers who knowingly or repeatedly deny rides to
individuals with service animals. The agreements also include requirements
for data gathering and testing, so that the NFB can assess Uber and Lyft's
efforts to provide equal access to riders with service animals.

On May 8, 2017, the NFB began conducting nationwide testing to ensure that
riders with service animals are neither denied transportation nor treated
disrespectfully by Lyft and Uber. To best assess whether Uber and Lyft are
complying with their agreement terms, we need to gather monthly data
nationwide for the duration of the agreements. This regular testing will
help ensure that the NFB meets its legal obligations as per the settlements.

If you are an Uber or Lyft customer who has a service animal or travels with
someone who has a service animal, please complete the Uber and Lyft survey
<https://nfb.org/programs-services/legal-program/uber-and-lyft-survey>  as
often as you can.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can be a tester?

Any Uber or Lyft customer who has a service animal or travels with someone
who has a service animal can be a tester. Testers can be NFB members or
nonmembers.

What is needed from testers?

After ordering or completing a ride, the tester would promptly complete the
online questionnaire. Testers would repeat this process as often as
possible, monthly at minimum.

What is the link to the testing tool?

nfb.org/programs-services/legal-program/uber-and-lyft-survey

How do I know if Uber or Lyft is available where I live?

You can check the companies' respective webpages: uber.com/cities
<https://www.uber.com/cities/>  or lyft.com/cities
<https://www.lyft.com/cities> . You can also enter your location into each
company's app to find out if a driver is available.

What questions does the testing tool ask?

The online questionnaire will prompt you to enter your name and email
address, the date and time of your Lyft or Uber ride, whether that ride was
canceled because of your service animal, whether the driver treated you
disrespectfully, and whether you were charged a cleaning fee because of your
service animal, among other information.

What will happen with the testing data?

The NFB and counsel will use your testing feedback to assess whether Uber
and Lyft are meeting their settlement agreement terms and to urge greater
compliance where needed.

What are the dates for the testing program?

The NFB's Uber and Lyft testing program began May 8, 2017, and will continue
for the three- to five-year duration of the agreements.

Is testing nationwide?

The NFB's Uber and Lyft testing program will be administered nationwide,
including in Puerto Rico. There will be a special push to gather Lyft data
from targeted municipalities: Baltimore, Seattle, Dallas-Fort Worth, Boston,
New York, Nashville, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles,
San Francisco, Sacramento, and the District of Columbia.

Can I report on a Lyft or Uber ride in a state other than where I live?

Yes, testers are encouraged to complete the online questionnaire for any
Lyft and Uber experience, regardless of the location.

If I'm denied transportation by Uber or Lyft because of a service animal,
should I also register a complaint with the company?

Yes, in addition to filling out the NFB's online questionnaire, we also ask
that you report discrimination to the rideshare company via the company's
website, app, or by phone. The agreements require Uber and Lyft to
investigate reports and, if appropriate, take action against the drivers.

*	Uber complaint form
<https://help.uber.com/h/5f3eac46-e977-44a0-873e-f1881d48f4cb>  or, for
critical safety concerns, 800-285-9481
*	Lyft complaint form
<https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=813147>  or
877-452-4866

Learn how to file complaints directly with the rideshare providers by
reading these Guidelines for Effective Uber and Lyft Service Animal
Complaints.

Sincerely,

Trisha Ebel

Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2019 11:54 AM
To: 'Anexis' (a.m.matos19 at gmail.com); Belinda Valdes
(belindavaldes28 at gmail.com); Beverly Gonzalez
(beverly.gonzalez17 at gmail.com); Christina Brino
(princessregal at optonline.net); Charles P. McKenna
(cpmckenna at familyresourcenetwork.org); carcione at access.net;
cheiro_alice at aol.com; Dnhale0909 at gmail.com; Deryn Hespos
(derynh1216 at gmail.com); Danielle Sykora (dsykora29 at gmail.com);
Eileenlevin at comcast.net (eileenlevin at comcast.net); Ginger at ky2d.com;
ibehreini at drew.edu; imaanahs91 at yahoo.com; Jo Luland (joluland at verizon.net);
john luland (jluland at verizon.net); Joseph Braz (jbraz7 at gmail.com); Jonathan
Goodman (j.goodman82 at comcast.net); Jonathan Zobek (zobekj1 at tcnj.edu);
Melissa Allman (MAllman at seeingeye.org); Michael Moran
(michaelmoran754 at outlook.com); mbhrr15 at gmail.com; nagui
(nagui2020 at icloud.com); New Jersey Association of Guide Dog Users
(njagdu at nfbnet.org); pslwebber at aol.com; sleahy at hcnj.us
Cc: Richard Fox (richardfox1 at comcast.net); Joe Ruffalo (nfbnj1 at verizon.net)
Subject: Guide Dog committee meeting Postponed

Hi All,

I am sending this out on behalf of the Chair of the Guide Dog Committee  Dan
Faccini.

  He would like all to know that the April First committee meeting is being
postponed until further notice.  Any questions or inquiries please email Dan
at danfb at verizon.net

Thank you to all for your  interest.

Warmest Regards

Trisha Ebel