[NJAGDU] Another guide dog refusal from a rideshare company

Richard Fox richardfox1 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 16 00:24:22 UTC 2019

Hi folks,

This afternoon, it was a Lyft driver. When I approached the car at the foot
of my driveway with Flash, my Seeing Eye dog, the driver locked the doors,
and exclaimed repeatedly "no pets, no pets, before pulling away!" I
remonstrated with him calmly about his obligation to transport me with my
service animal, but to no avail. It didn't appear he had much command of
English, but it's difficult to discern a person's ability to understand a
language, especially if he isn't really listening to you. He immediately
canceled the trip and ordered another driver, who came and made the trip
without incident.

I filed a complaint, using the phone number given in the Lyft app. I got to
the correct person right away, and she understood the problem, and said all
the right things, including that she would investigate forthwith , and get
back to me with her decision as to what next steps to take with the driver.
I also filled out the Rideshare questionnaire on the NFB.org Website. All
the boxes have been checked. And, oh yes, Lyft refunded the cost of my ride.

Rick Fox, President

Northern Chapter

Cell: 973-641-5067