[NJAGDU] Another guide dog refusal from a rideshare company

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Dec 16 14:42:32 UTC 2019

I also had a refusal about a week ago from Uber.  I jumped into the car,
and the driver said "No dog!  No dog!  Get out! Get out!"  My husband and
I both explained Krokus is a guide dog, and the law says he has to take
us, but the driver didn't care.  Maybe I should have just sat there, but I
jumped out.  The driver took off, and took an age to cancel, so I had to
cancel so someone else would come.
I made a complaint, and filled out the survey.  Uber refunded the
cancellation fee.  The complaint person said all the right things, but the
upshot was they reminded the driver about the law and gave him a second
chance.  If he does it again, then he gets let go.
Really, I think I got more aggravation out of the whole thing than the
driver did.
Tracy