[NJAGDU] Easter guide dog refusal update

richardfox1 at comcast.net richardfox1 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 24 19:18:02 UTC 2022

Hello all,

A couple of days after I reported the incident to Uber, somebody named
Archie called me from the company and got my story. He had all the data
associated with my trip, including facts concerning the two drivers who had
canceled on me. A couple of days later, he sent me an email telling me that
both drivers have been educated concerning Uber's service dog policies. I
believe the settlement between Uber and the NFB allows for one driver
warning and then, on the second violation, for the driver to be let go. This
is insufficient, in my opinion. If a driver refused to pick up somebody
because of their race or creed, That driver would not be educated. He/she
would be let go. Discrimination on the basis of disability should be treated
in the same way.

Rick Fox