[Njtechdiv] my message to blip FM

ken lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Tue Feb 26 16:47:06 UTC 2013

Hi list ken here since I get nothing but smartass answers suggesting that I’m an idiot who doesn’t know to stay away from so called untrustworthy sites am forwarding a copy of my latest question to blip FM perhaps you can answer the part about why Non visual desktop aids reads one link but clicks another.     Hi blip.  your site is really tough to work with lately.  I’m having the hardest time using a screen reader with blip.  as mentioned I can at least before use blip only on Firefox with Non visual desktop aids and with Internet explorer with the temporary mobile screen reader system access to go and now it is even difficult with those.  with NVDA for example. I’ll be going along skipping songs I don’t want to reblip or give props to and for some unknown reason the screen reader can’t concentrate.  I’ll box the links into a list view but when I hit next I’ll be taken to badges or to the advertising email or something that is several links above where the screen reader is actually sitting at least what it’s telling me I’m sitting on.  it is as if it’s reading back one thing and seeing another.  I have only encountered this with blip no other website.  maybe a smaller happinging like this on last fm I hit share track and wind up on a artist bio.  I have to CTRL F4 to go back.  to make it work right I have to quickly shut down then restart the screen reader.  on IE with system access to go mobile version of the system access screen reader that doesn’t seem to read the play and pause links correctly.  it reads pause when it is clearly playing.  to reblip something I have to pause it first for some reason.  I never been able to figure out why some sites read completely differently on a screen reader.  also there is another issue.  reviewing parts of my playlist I have found several links that are no longer any good.  in one spot almost an intire page is no good.  so inorder to make it work I have to hit next next next over and over again.  only system access tells me a link is unavailable.  so I’m going to have to clean up all the broken links deleting all broken or repeated blips.  is there some way a user can be warned if a link let’s say from youtbue is no good in advance and is there a way to maybe replace any broken links?  also on that note the fill in your profile links and or remove old or broken links is not seen by a blind users screen reader.  so is there a desktop AP or client that will make it easier for a totally blind user to use blip FM without having to go to the site where I can fill in my profile and clean up and replace older broken links?  I know why this happens videos are often taken dow do to copyright issues or they are blocked for that reason.  someone posted a link on a facebook group I’m on that was blocked in the united states.  he put it there because he was in italy he could watch it fine.  that why I told him to post things everyone could see.  a desktop app or client like the hope client for pandora would really be a big help to us.  I know I’m probably the first blind person you have ever encoungtered but I’’d love to bring my blind friends to you through my involvement with the national federation of the blind.  also would like folks to know me for who I am not just whozitrocker being an an anonymous screen name.  also want to try to spend credits Huh?  pick them up faster than I can spen em.  want to try to move up in badges.