[Njtechdiv] can't get a straight answer from GUI talk so posting here.

Kevin kevinsisco61784 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 16:06:10 UTC 2013

On 2/26/2013 6:24 AM, ken lawrence wrote:
> Hi list members, ken here with a problem.  no flash based object
> whether sound cloud, youtube or Hulu will load when jaws is running.
> example today on facebook when scott shannon posted the video of the
> day from true oldies channel when I clicked to watch it started to
> load and then stopped all you see is Youtube firefox.  this doesn't
> happen on IE but not only is it not loading the page which in this
> case was the classic temptations I wish it would rain but the browser
> locks and can't even shut dow with alt and f4 I have to go to the task
> manager and shut it manually.  this doen't happen on NVDA only jaws
> and this effects all flash objects including radio stations such as
> q104.3 of last fm or blip fm and probably rewound radio.  on on jaws
> and only on firefox.  what is in jaw that is preventing a video or a
> sound that is flash based from loading and why is firefox getting
> stuck in the opened posission like that.  it is definitely jaws.

Wow, it sounds to me like jaws can't capture vidio on your machine. I am
wondering if your computer needs to be looked at.  I'd stick with n v d
a for now.  I think the reason you didn't get a straight answer is
because there are countless reasons for this malfunction. If you contact
me offlist we could probably try to work something out.