[Njtechdiv] having trouble completing microphone setup wizard

ken lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Tue Jan 29 18:12:47 UTC 2013

Hi lisgt members, ken here got a headset microphone for christmas.  it works but audio is very low and am thinking it is because of settup.  when I enter on set up a microphone in windows 7 the wizard come up.  the first thing is asking you if you are using a desktop mic or a headset mic.  I take headset then hit next.  it just has instructions of where to put the microphone and where your mouth should be.  then when I hit next what ever is trying to install can’t.  the progress bar fluctuates.  it maybe will go as high as 7 or 8 percent but always falls back.  I have doublecheck to make sure the connection is both tight and in the right jack.  with NVDA you can hear the beep tones bouncing around not rising steadily.  is there something I’ve overlooked the microphone works the installation is incomplete.  anyone with ideas on this one?