[Njtechdiv] how do I stop these commercials

Lester Cameron underdogmj at comcast.net
Sun Mar 16 20:51:55 UTC 2014

From: ken lawrence
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2014 11:20 AM
To: njtechdiv at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Njtechdiv] how do I stop these commercials

Hi list tried this on tech zone and got crap so trying this again.  recently for no reason out of nowhere when browsing most sites even if it’s reading game instructions on the playroom, reading important columns on Kim Komando’s site, and even while listening to music on last fm commercials are playing over top of music completely apart from last FM.  same on hulu about a minute and a half after launch these things start.  they are happening during an actual video or song apart from the site I’m on.  even on broadcastify.com listening to police/fire/EMS this unexplained commercial or commercials come on.  recently scanned with AVG since I just switched to it and no threats detected.  malwarebytes got somethings off the machine successfully, and when I went to programs and features found and removed an unknown program called pureleads.  also removed two unwanted toolbars using the visicom toolbar cleaner.  thought that did it but today reading a very important column about protecting yourself against hackers on Facebook here came an american express add.  when reading the adds are louder than the screen reader and are a distraction.  sometimes it’s comcast/time warner propaganda attack verizon adds, sometimes they are tv/movie trailors and other times even best by or even kraft mac and cheese.  completely disconnected from what I’m reading or listening to.  they seem to happen on all three browsers.  which means I have apparently checked something in my google plus.  I can’t find it in settings.  and it isn’t a virus.  any ideas on how to make this stuff stop.  the alternative is to kill my google plus account which I may or may not do anyway since I’m not to sure google plus is that accessible.  don’t want to give up on it yet until I proove that conclusively any ideas where these adds come from and why it takes a minutes and a half or longer for them to play and on sites where they aren’t even related?

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Njtechdiv:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/njtechdiv_nfbnet.org/underdogmj%40comcast.net