[Njtechdiv] "Bringing Gamma Back",

Mario Brusco mrb620 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 21 20:42:58 UTC 2016

Today, a startling new discovery (was reported): prodding the brain with
light, a group of scientists got an unexpected surprise -- they were
able to turn back on a part of the brain that had been shut down by
Alzheimer’s disease. This new science is not a cure, and is far from a
treatment, but it’s a finding so … simple, you won’t be able to shake
it. Come join us for a lab visit, where we’ll meet some mice, stare at
some light, and come face-to-face with the mystery of memory. We can
promise you: by the end, you’ll never think the same way about Christmas
lights again.

for more info, check out:
http://www.radiolab.org/story/bringing-gamma-back/

if you want to download the podcast, go to  the address below and press
h until you hear "Bringing Gamma Back", or search for this phrase. then
arrow down a few times to a download link and press the space bar. the
listen link above the add link should start playing the podcast, but
it's always advisable (and preferable) to download it to a location on
your hard drive and listen to it at your leisure.
http://www.radiolab.org/series/podcasts/