[Njtechdiv] obtaining addresses from links

Frankel, Lois E lfrankel at ETS.ORG
Wed Dec 21 22:38:56 UTC 2016

In Firefox, the "copy link location" command (hot-key is "a") will put the url on the clipboard. In IE, the keystroke from the context menu is "t" (copy shortcut). These work in the versions I have of those browsers.

-----Original Message-----
From: Njtechdiv [mailto:njtechdiv-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Mario Brusco via Njtechdiv
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 5:32 PM
To: New Jersey Technology Division List
Cc: Mario Brusco
Subject: [Njtechdiv] obtaining addresses from links

I want to be able to retrieve the address from a link in a website using Firefox and Internet Explorer. I recall there was a way but had forgotten how to do it.
I bring it up because it is possible in Thunderbird by right clicking a link in an email message and entering on the appropriate command, but FF and IE doesn't currently have such a command in the context menu... or does it?

for example, I want to grab the address behind the download link for one of the podcasts at:
  http://www.radiolab.org/series/podcasts/

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Njtechdiv:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/njtechdiv_nfbnet.org/lfrankel%40ets.org

Thank you for your compliance.