[Njtechdiv] outlook 2016 and jaws 17

Mario Brusco mrb620 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 1 15:22:30 UTC 2016

I think a simple press of the ESC key will dismiss the start screen and
give you a clean page to start writing. but if I'm wrong, and if you
don't want the start screen to pop up when ever you start Word:

1. Open Word 2016
2. Go to File > Options
3. In the General tab, uncheck Show the Start screen when this
application starts.
The keystrokes would be, Alt+f=file and  T for Options,
You will land on the general category,
Just tab to the setting, "Show the Start screen when this application
starts" and uncheck the box, tab to ok and press enter.

The next time you open Microsoft Office Word on your computer, you will
be presented with a new document instead of that start screen that you
actually never use.