[Njtechdiv] question about the delete butten

Mario Brusco mrb620 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 25 18:35:03 UTC 2017

Lester, I think it is normal for JAWS to not announce if an unopened
email is deleted when pressing the delete key. but something to be aware
of. the email you delete goes to the deleted folder. and therefore,
deleted emails can accumulate over time, and if you don't occasionally
empty the deleted folder, the email client will eventually get sluggish
to respond when starting the client. if you're absolutely sure you want
to get rid of an email, you can press shift+delete to prevent the email
from going to the deleted folder. also, it is a important practice to
let the email client "compact" it's folders when you get the pop up to
do so (but not in an open email). there's usually a way to manually
perform the compacting if you need to.

did I answer your question about the announcement of pressing the delete
key, or was your question about something else?