[Njtechdiv] windows ten delete more question in email

Andy guitarwizandy at optonline.net
Thu Nov 30 01:09:22 UTC 2017

I'm not aware of an easy way to get JAWS to say "delete" when the key is pressed.  I tried this with the Key Labels feature, but it didn't actually work, even though I explicitly gave the delete key the "delete" label.

The only way I can think of is to write a script to do it with the JAWS scripting language, which is really cumbersome and not at all elegant.  I contacted Freedom Scientific support about this, actually, and that was their solution also.  That's not something a typical end user should be expected to do.  I'm sorry to say it, but there really doesn't seem to be any good way to do this.