[Njtechdiv] assistance needed with a victor reader problem

Janie Degenshein jdegen16 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 14 15:21:31 UTC 2018

thanks for your input
I have cc'd annemarie on this

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Brusco via Njtechdiv
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2018 11:14 AM
To: Janie Degenshein via Njtechdiv
Cc: Mario Brusco
Subject: Re: [Njtechdiv] assistance needed with a victor reader problem

I would imagine Brian would be the person to ask, but you could try in
ascending degree of severity:

There are three types of resets. Use with caution.

The first and simplest, is to hold down the Power or On/Off button on
the stream with the stream off. Hold it down for about 15 or 20 seconds.
This will result in the Stream beeping twice, as if it is starting
twice. This is exactly what it is doing. The second time it starts, it
will have reset (I'd imagine with no loss of anything?).

The second way to reset the Stream is with the stream off, hold down the
Bookmark key, the number five key, and with these two buttons held down,
press and hold the On/Off or Power button on the Stream until the Stream
comes on. This is called a Profile Reset. This will result in the loss
of all bookmarks in any books you are reading.

The third type of reset is the most drastic. It is called a Factory
reset, and will result in all keys for BARD, Learning Ally, etc. being
removed from your Stream. In this reset, with the Stream off, press and
hold down the number two, six and eight keys until the stream comes on.
The Stream will come on, and you will have a menu from which to choose.
You will press the number two key until it says Factory reset. This is
the most drastic of the three types of resets.

I would imagine you would want to OK it. I myself haven't done any of
the 3 resets, but I have heard several say to have successfully used
these steps.

The OK key is the key to the right of the 0 key, also known as the or
the hash or confirm key.