[Njtechdiv] New lap advice

Janie Degenshein jdegen16 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 8 03:00:47 UTC 2018

I got my dell inspiron about 3 years ago I have a 14 inch monitor which is
good for me as I can see the when I go to the desktop or wlm and that works
for me.
Think I paid about $600 for it and it hums all the time
woo hoo
It is a full lap top with  no application key persay
using the function key next to the left control and the right control
together brings that up
It has a wonderful battery life
Now, I still get up to 8 hours of battery time
Taken from my performance information in the conttrol panel:
More details about my computer

Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 7.0 5.5
  Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 7.5
Graphics Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 5.5
Gaming graphics 1888 MB Total available graphics memory 6.5
Primary hard disk 789GB Free (920GB Total) 5.9
Windows 7 Professional

System

  Manufacturer Dell Inc.
  Model Inspiron 5548
  Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM
  System type 64-bit operating system
  Number of processor cores 2

Storage

  Total size of hard disk(s) 920 GB
  Disk partition (C:) 789 GB Free (920 GB Total)

Graphics

  Display adapter type Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500
  Total available graphics memory 1824 MB
        Dedicated graphics memory 192 MB
        Dedicated system memory 0 MB
        Shared system memory 1632 MB
  Display adapter driver version 10.18.10.3960
  Primary monitor resolution 1366x768
  DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

  Network Adapter Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
  Network Adapter Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
  Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
  Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
  Network Adapter Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

Notes

  The gaming graphics score is based on the primary graphics adapter. If
this system has linked or multiple graphics adapters, some software
applications may see additional performance benefits.
  Caution: Based on the results of the WinSAT Disk assessment, your system
drive may have slower response times under some workloads. Performance
results will depend on the specific applications used and the amount of
memory available. If your experience is satisfactory, no action is needed.