[Njtechdiv] Altice cable box

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Jan 2 19:08:11 UTC 2019

Hi Lori.
Optimum waived the box charge, because we need the accessible box, and we
were replacing the old "solution" which didn't really work well at all.
I'm happy with the Altice box.  It's a bit slow to respond sometimes,, and
I'm still experimenting with moving ahead in time to set a recording for
later in the day.  It does tell me what channel I'm on, what show is on,
and, if I want, a synopsis of the show.  I can use the DVR now, which I
really like.  I can set up a recording, watch the recording I want, and
save or delete it.
I can set the SAP on or off.
I haven't gotten it to read the TV guide, but I think our Newsline TV
listings are faster to read anyway.
I didn't ask about the app.  The Optimum app has never been accessible, so
I don't even think about it anymore.
Tracy