[Njtechdiv] Web Addresses?

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sat Mar 16 14:29:15 UTC 2019

Hi All,

This might be a dumb question, but how does a person know when to type the www before a web site’s address when using any browser. I ask because yesterday I was trying a web site I had been to many times in the past. Using Both Google Chrome & then I.E. when I typed it in with the WWW.... it failed in both instances and came back with an error. On my previous visits I’m 99% sure I had used the WWW. Finally I tried it today without the WWW. and it worked fine.

It worries me that using the wrong protocol will land me someday in or on a site that could cause huge problems. Just wondering if anyone knows.

Thanks.

Eileen