[Njtechdiv] Web Addresses?

Mario Brusco mrb620 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 16 14:58:20 UTC 2019

what happens if you try typing https:// or http:// before the www.

BTW, there are no dumb questions.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Eileen Scrivani via Njtechdiv [mailto:njtechdiv at nfbnet.org]
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2019, 10:29 AM
To: New Jersey Technology Division List
Cc: Eileen Scrivani
Subject: [Njtechdiv] Web Addresses?

Hi All,
This might be a dumb question, but how does a person know when to type
the www before a web site’s address when using any browser. I ask
because yesterday I was trying a web site I had been to many times in
the past. Using Both Google Chrome & then I.E. when I typed it in with
the WWW.... it failed in both instances and came back with an error. On
my previous visits I’m 99% sure I had used the WWW. Finally I tried it
today without the WWW. and it worked fine.
It worries me that using the wrong protocol will land me someday in or
on a site that could cause huge problems. Just wondering if anyone knows.
Thanks.
Eileen