[NJTechDiv] hit a snag

Andy guitarwizandy at optonline.net
Wed Dec 16 16:05:14 UTC 2020

Hi, what specifically are you interested in knowing about this?  The first thing you need to do is put it in your rotor:
* Go to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Rotor.
* Make sure that "Braille Screen Input" is selected.

To use it, go to a text field and spin your rotor to "Braille Screen Input."  You then need to tell VoiceOver where your fingers are supposed to go.  I've found the best way to do this is to place 4-5-6 (the right side of the cell) on the screen, followed (quickly) by dots 1-2-3.  So, in other words, the right three fingers, quickly followed by the left three fingers.  VoiceOver should confirm this by telling you your dot positions are calibrated.  Now, type in Braille like you normally would on a Braille notetaker or similar.  For a  space, swipe right with one finger; to backspace, swipe left with one finger.  To delete a word, swipe left with 2 fingers.  To input a new line, swipe right with two fingers.  It's worth noting that your phone will put itself in landscape mode with the charging port to the left.  Also, I've found that you're unable to put all 6 fingers on the screen (meaning that you can't input the "FOR" symbol).