[NJTechDiv] book share

Georgia Kitchen gkitchen at sero.email
Fri Jun 19 02:56:14 UTC 2020

Hi

Hope this message is not too late.  Bookshare is a  service that offers
digital books in  accessible formats  that you can download from your
computer and such devices as the victor reader from Humanware. If you
are a student such as at Hadley.edu  then ther service is free.
Otherwide,  it is $50. a year. it is well worth it to  me since I have
almost downloaded almost  200 books. Oh, you can read bookshare  on
your ip phone. It sounds good if you use voice dream reader app.  That
app sometimes goes on sale soon if my memory serves me correctly.

I look for  books on nfb newsline such as in the  new york times and
then look for them on bookshare.org
'They have support so you can call them if you have trouble. I know
someone  who  works for them and  last time I called them, I talked
with her.   She said she  works out of her home.  The web site is
bookshare.org
it is  accessible so that is  really  nice. I find so many  web sites
that are tricky to navagate for the totally  blind but this one is  accessible.

Georgia Kitchen