[NJTechDiv] NJ Tech Division Meeting

Linda Melendez lindamelendez220 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 11:15:54 UTC 2020

Greetings Steve,

Listed below are the agenda and Zoom participation details for tonight‘s
New Jersey sports and recreation division meeting. Glad you may be able to
join us; all are welcome!

Warmly,
Linda Melendez

National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Sports & Recreation Division
Conference Call Meeting Agenda

Dial in 10 to 15 minutes prior and follow conference call etiquette.

1. Roll Call: Vee Gaspa, Secretary NFBNJ Sports and Recreation Division

2. Welcome & About Us: Linda Melendez, /President NFBNJ Sports and
Recreation Division

3. NFB Pledge: All

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind;

To achieve equality, opportunity and security for the blind;

To support the policies and programs of the Federation and to abide by its
constitution

4. Secretary Report: Vee Gaspa, Secretary, NFBNJ Sports and Recreation
Division

5. Treasurer Report: Jocelyn Santiago Bookkeeper NFBNJ Sports and
Recreation Division

6. Division Business:

a. New Jersey NFB Book Club: Janie Degenshein, Member & Book Club Moderator

b. Next Division Conference Call: Linda Melendez

7. NFBNJ & NFB Business:

a. 44th State Convention: Linda Melendez & Joseph Ruffalo

b. Boscov’s Friends Helping Friends: Annemarie Cooke

c. National Convention Recap: Linda Melendez

d. Presidential Releases: Linda Melendez

8. Old Division/New Division Business:

9. Additional Comments:

a. Joseph Ruffalo

b. Annemarie Cooke, Vice President NFBNJ Sports and Recreation Division

10. Adjournment

Agenda respectfully submitted by Linda Melendez, President NFBNJ Sports and
Recreation Division

****

Zoom Participation Details

Topic: NFBNJ Sports and Recreation Division Conference Call Meeting

Date: Wednesday, Sep 16, 2020

Time: 7:00 PM Eastern Time

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/6477660103?pwd=Qkw0RGxYdGc5TjVBdVZmUnFYYnlCQT09

Meeting ID: 647 766 0103

Passcode: 612 068

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,6477660103# US (New York)

+13017158592,,6477660103# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown Philly area)

Meeting ID: 647 766 0103

Passcode: 612 068

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 6:38 AM Jane Degenshein via NJTechDiv <
njtechdiv at nfbnet.org> wrote:

> Hey Steve
>

> We would love you join us for our sports/rec
>
> division
>

> It meets up tonight at 7 PM on the same zoom info as the
>
> tech
>
> div
>

> Linda Melendez, we like to call her our zoom administrator
>
> is
>
> the president of that division
>

> The third division that meets monthly is our senior
>
> division
>
> of which I am the president and that meeting is Monday, Sept.
>
> 21
>

> I will forward you our senior minutes/agenda if
>
> interested.
>

> Glad to have such a brilliant guy joining us from South
>
> Carolina
>

> Thanks friend
>

> *From:* Steve & Shannon Cook via
>
> NJTechDiv <njtechdiv at nfbnet.org>
>

> *Sent:* Wednesday, September 16, 2020 6:08 AM
>

> *To:* 'New Jersey Technology Division List' <njtechdiv at nfbnet.org>
>

> *Cc:* Steve & Shannon Cook <cookcafe at sc.rr.com>
>

> *Subject:* [NJTechDiv] NJ Tech Division Meeting
>

> Hi Jane and others!
>

> This is Steve Cook from SC. I just wanted to say thanks
>
> for
>
> allowing me to join in on the Tech Division on Monday! I really enjoyed the
>
> meeting and looking forward to next months meeting. I read some names and
>
> heard
>
> some familiar voices from our SC state convention.
>

> I do have one question, it was mentioned about the Sports
>
> and
>
> Rec Division meetings. Could I receive some information when that occurs.
> SC
>
> does not have a Sports and Rec division. Thanks for your
>
> assistance!
>

> Steve Cook
>

> If you would like to join the Computer Science &
>
> Technology Division list serve, please send a message to
> cstdofsc+subscribe at googlegroups.com
>

> District 2 State Board Member of the National Federation
>
> of
>
> the Blind of SC
>

> 1st Vice President of the Computer Science
>
> &
>
> Technology Division of the National Federation of the Blind of
>
> SC
>

> Board member at large of the Columbia chapter of the
>
> National
>
> Federation of the Blind of SC
>

> The National Federation of the Blind of SC owns and
>
> operates
>
> Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference Center.  Below is a link to read
>
> more
>
> about Rocky Bottom and to make a reservation for a mountain
>
> retreat!
>

> Rocky Bottom Retreat & Conference
>
> Center <http://rockybottomofsc.com/>
>

> Please join the National Federation of the Blind of SC on
>
> Face Book at any of the below links!
>

> National Federation of the Blind of SC on Face
>
> Book <https://m.facebook.com/NatFedofSouthCarolina/>

> [...]
Respectfully,
Linda Melendez, 1st Vice President
President, NFBNJ Sports and Recreation Division
732-421-7063
lindamelendez220 at gmail.com