[NJTechDiv] Downloading in Firefox

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Sep 17 13:37:59 UTC 2020

Downloading in Firefox confuses me.  I pick a download link, and, after what
seems a reasonable time, I do control-j to open the download folder.  I'm
usually downloading a video file, say, an MP4.I see my filename and the
words "open containing folder".

If I hit Enter, it starts to play my file, but I can't save it from the
media player.

If I don't hit enter, and try to copy the file elsewhere, I can't do that.
The file doesn't get selected, no matter what I do.

I often end up copying the original link into Internet Explorer, where I get
a notification when my file is done downloading, and where my file ends up
as a file, and not a mysterious folder.

Am I doing something wrong in Firefox?