[NJTechDiv] Zoom breakout rooms

Andy guitarwizandy at optonline.net
Sat Apr 17 15:25:15 UTC 2021

Mario, that's exactly right.  At the CSUN 2021 conference held a few weeks ago, for instance, HumanWare's exhibit hall booth used them to split the group up a few ways: people interested in Braille displays, people interested in the Victor Reader products, etc.  I've seen them used to divide a group up mostly for talking or discussing different things, or simply to divide a group up into smaller groups if, for instance, there's too much noise, etc.  I recently attended a group on working with deaf-blind people, and the group used breakout rooms to split up deaf-blind people with people who were learning, and with interpreters.