[NJTechDiv] FCC Seeks Nominations for Communications Equity and Diversity Council

Miss Ruth Williams missruthnfb at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 16:32:22 UTC 2021

Hi all,
Per protocol, I cleared this information with Janie and she approved my posting it here.
When I was a Freelance Writer, I was on various government lists, and I still follow some of them.
One of them announced that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is seeking nominations for people to serve on their Communications Equity and Diversity Council. Here is a quote from their announcement:
"The mission of the Committee is to make recommendations to the Commission on advancingequity in the provision of and access to digital communication services and products for all people of theUnited States, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ordisability. It shall provide recommendations to the Commission on how to empower people of color andothers who have been historically underserved, including persons who live in rural areas, and personsotherwise adversely affected by persistent poverty or inequality, to access, leverage, and benefit from thewide range of opportunities made possible by technology, communication services, and next-generationnetworks."
My apologies for this long email, but I think it would be beneficial for someone from our blindness/low vision community who is tech-savvy to participate if they are so inclined. I don't have the tech knowledge this role would require, so I thought I'd pass it on to the group.
I'll attach the full informational document as well.
For those interested in applying, the deadline is August 10th.
Take good care,
Miss Ruth