[NJTechDiv] apple has a new update details inside

jane degenshein jdegen16 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 19 22:48:23 UTC 2021

Hello all
Here you go:
Apple Releases iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7; Bringing Support for Apple's New
MagSafe Battery Pack and Other Minor Enhancements

Submitted by AppleVis on Monday, July 19, 2021.

Apple has today released iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7. These appear to be
relatively minor updates for single dot releases, primarily focusing on
security fixes and under-the-hood performance improvements.

According to the release notes from Apple, these updates fix a bug which
could cause braille displays to show invalid information while composing
Mail messages.

At the time of posting, we are unaware of any additional fixes, enhancements
or regressions for blind and low vision users in these releases.

As we always stress, we can make no claims on the completeness or accuracy
of our testing. We are only a small team, and it is simply impossible for us
to test all devices, configurations, applications, and use cases.
Accordingly, to help us ensure that the information on this page is as
complete and accurate as possible, please let us know in the comments of any
fixes; enhancements; or regressions that you find in your own use of iOS
14.7 and iPadOS 14.7.

iOS 14.7 Release Notes

iOS 14.7 includes the following improvements and bug fixes for your iPhone:

  a.. MagSafe Battery Pack support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12
Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
  b.. Apple Card Family adds the option to combine credit limits and share
one co-owned account with an existing Apple Card user
  c.. Home app adds the ability to manage timers on HomePod
  d.. Air quality information is now available in Weather and Maps for
Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain
  e.. Podcasts library allows you to choose to see all shows or only
followed shows
  f.. Share playlist menu option missing in Apple Music
  g.. Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback may unexpectedly
stop
  h.. Battery service message that may have disappeared after reboot on some
iPhone 11 models is restored
  i.. Braille displays could show invalid information while composing Mail
messages

How to update

iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7 are available via Over-the-Air Update (Settings >
General > Software Update) via Finder on a Mac with macOS Catalina or later,
or via iTunes on a PC or Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier.

Before updating, we strongly recommend making a full and complete backup of
your device (either locally or in iCloud, depending on personal preference).
This will ensure that, in the unlikely event that something goes wrong
during the update process, you will have a current backup on hand in case a
device restore becomes necessary. Also, if using OTA update, we recommend
plugging your device into a power source for the duration of the
download/installation process, so as to prevent the unlikely event of your
battery going dead during the update.

More information on how to update the software on your device is available
on this Apple Support page.

Apple Releases watchOS 7.6, tvOS 14.7, and HomePod 14.7 Software

Submitted by AppleVis on Monday, July 19, 2021.

Apple has today released watchOS 7.6 and tvOS 14.7. These appear to be
relatively minor updates for single dot releases, focusing primarily on
security fixes and under-the-hood performance improvements.

At the time of posting, we are unaware of any fixes, enhancements or
regressions for blind and low vision users in these releases.

As we always stress, we can make no claims on the completeness or accuracy
of our testing. We are only a small team, and it is simply impossible for us
to test all devices, configurations, applications, and use cases.
Accordingly, to help us ensure that the information on this page is as
complete and accurate as possible, please let us know in the comments of any
fixes; enhancements; or regressions that you find in your own use of these
releases.

According to Apple's release notes for the update, watchOS 7.6 adds support
for the ECG app and irregular heart rhythm notifications in 30 additional
regions.

Apple does not typically make available release notes for tvOS.

Apple today also released a new 14.7 software update for the HomePod and the
HomePod mini. According to Apple's release notes via MacRumors, this update
allows users to manage timers directly from the Home app on the iPhone and
the iPad. Apple says the update also includes general performance and
stability improvements.

How to Update

watchOS 7.6 is available via Over-the-Air Update (Settings > General >
Software Update) or by going to the Watch app on your iPhone and navigating
to General> Software Update. To install the update, your Watch must be
connected to its charger and have at least 50% battery power.

More information on how to update the software on your Apple Watch is
available on this Apple Support page.

To install tvOS 14.7 on Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, go to the Settings
channel, then look for the System section near the bottom. From here, look
for Software Updates under Maintenance, then select Update Software and
Download and Install.

More information on how to update the software on your Apple TV is available
on this Apple Support page.

Keep Smiling,
Janie Degenshein
Happiness isn't having what you want, but wanting what you already have!
Facilitator of ECHO (Eyes Closed Hearts Open)
state affiliate board member
President of the senior division of the National Federation of the Blind of
New Jersey
to join the senior list serve:
President of the Technology division of the National federation of the Blind
of New Jersey
To join the tech div list serve:
to join in the membership forms for NFBNJ chapters and divisions, go to:
https://www.nfbnj.org/chapter-division-membership-forms/#
NFBNJ Newsline co-ordinator
jdegen16 at comcast.net