[NJTechDiv] software TTY

ken lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Wed Jun 23 20:34:14 UTC 2021

Hi list on my previous question I have discovered that the software TTY does apparently work with the braille Ereader.  I noticed to make calls though calls didn’t go through.  So I asked at the NJ relay.  Apparently software TTY depends on your carrier.  Verizon may or may not support software TTY.  When I first tried it calling the relay for a few seconds as the voice answered I saw the go ahead G A on the display which is the way a hearing person tells a deaf person to reply when you are finished talking but it vanished and now with RTT/TTY on voice calls won’t go through.  I have turned off the thing that says answer all calls as TTY, should I maybe turn that on and just remember to turn off the TTY function.  Also I tried to call Verizon accessibility I say support and it’s asking me if I’m calling about the number… in my case 1724 or a different number when in fact I’m trying to get a live person to ask about coverage of software with Verizon.  Then if I say yes to the number question I have to give a pin number.  Is there something I’m doing wrong?  Can’t I get a general support question answered by Verizon without that extra rigamaroll

Sent from Mail for Windows 10