[NJTechDiv] the braille ereader and an Iphone

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue May 11 18:00:32 UTC 2021

Hi Ken.

I recommend you read the section of the manual dealing with using the Reader with the iPhone.  It’s helpful, but there’s one funny bit.

Once you’ve paired your phone and Reader, on the Reader, go to Braille Display. Enter.

Go to Bluetooth Connection, and enter.

You should see the name of your phone on the Reader, and hear a connection boop on your phone.  Enter on the Reader (push the round button).

You should then be connected to your phone.  You have to move to an element on your phone to make the display change.

If the Reader goes back to Bluetooth Connection instead of connecting, try again.

If it still won’t connect, from Bluetooth connection, hit the round button, then go down to Reconnect and enter there.

As to entering your password, the answers depend on how you have the Reader set.  Do you have it set to computer braille, or to either contracted braille or uncontracted?

Tracy