[NJTechDiv] Try SuperSense For Free For One Month: From The Blog of World Services For The Blind: HOPE Series: Interview with Shane Lowe from SuperSense

Steve Cook stanley7709 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 11:12:18 UTC 2021

Original Source
<https://www.wsblind.org/blog/2021/11/5/hope-series-interview-with-shane-low
e-from-supersense>

<https://www.wsblind.org/blog/2021/11/5/hope-series-interview-with-shane-low
e-from-supersense> HOPE Series: Interview with Shane Lowe from SuperSense

HOPE Series: Interview with Shane Lowe from SuperSense!

Welcome to our third installment of the WSB blog HOPE (Hanging Onto Positive
Expectation) series! There are so many individuals doing great things for
the Blind and Visually Impaired Community that we wanted to highlight and
share their stories. We hope these stories can also serve as inspiration for
those with vision loss and to remind us that there are so many people
working towards a common goal of helping those who are blind and visually
impaired.

This month we are featuring Shane from SuperSense! If you haven't heard of
SuperSense, you will certainly want to check it out after reading this post
(we even have a special discount for you at the end!).

Shane's Story

Shane is the Community Outreach Manager at Mediate, the company that created
SuperSense. He is also a college student studying Business and runs a
Consulting company with some of his peers! For someone so young, he has done
a lot to help the blind and visually impaired community. For his tech
experience, he credits a lot to his time at the Kentucky School for the
Blind, especially his AT Instructor who got him passionate about IT and
working with tech.

Shane had some great tips on finding a job, especially as someone who is
blind or visually impaired and still in college. Shane stated the importance
of finding a job you like and finding something you are passionate about.
Shane noted when finding a job as someone who is blind or visually impaired
"It's all about your network", which is how he found his job at Mediate.

What is SuperSense?

Supersense is a simple to use and intuitive scanner application for the
blind and the visually impaired. You can scan bar codes, signs, menus, and
so much more! While there are other AI apps on the market, what sets
SuperSense apart is the speed and accuracy SuperSense is able to perform.
With SuperSense, it can automatically detect what kind of item you need to
scan, for example, a barcode or a sign. You let the camera and the AI figure
out what you're trying to scan. There is even a feature where you take a
picture and SuperSense will describe what is in the image.

At WSB, we are thorough in testing an app before we recommend it and we love
SuperSense! It's fast, easy to use, and very accurate. Several staff members
from our CEO to the Development and Communications Manager at WSB have used
it and love it.

Another thing that makes SuperSense stand out is the company behind it -
Mediate. Shane noted "I 100% believe, not as a member of the team, but as a
blind individual and consumer that SuperSense and the company behind
SuperSense are the most dedicated to answering people's requests and,
specifically, working with people who have problems and ideas". SuperSense
is there to help if a consumer is having a problem with the app or needs
help on how to use it.

"We're a part of this community, we want to be a lasting part of this
community and work with blind people for the betterment of blind people." -
Shane, Community Outreach Manager at SuperSense/Mediate

SuperSense also wants to make their product accessible to the community.
When you download SuperSense, you get a seven-day free trial (but at the end
of this article we have a longer free trial!). A monthly subscription is $5
per month, a year is $50, and a lifetime is $99.99. As Shane mentioned, you
could get an OR camera for hundreds of dollars whereas this app is
affordable and fast!

  _____

If you want to learn more about SuperSense and how to use it be sure to tune
in to our free webinar on November 11th at 11am Central time!
<https://www.wsblind.org/events/2021/11/11/smarter-and-simpler-super-sense-a
i-for-the-blind-a-world-services-for-the-blind-presentation> You can sign up
here.

For more information on SuperSense,  <https://www.supersense.app/> be sure
to sign up for their newsletter here.

And now for the special discount we promised our readers! If you want to try
SuperSense for free for a month, you can email Shane at shane at mediate.tech
<mailto:shane at mediate.tech>  and receive a free month of SuperSense!

Have you tried SuperSense? Let us know what you think in the comments.

<https://www.wsblind.org/blog/2021/11/5/hope-series-interview-with-shane-low
e-from-supersense> November 05, 2021
<https://www.wsblind.org/blog?author=571f8c9b1d07c007dbbd455e> Lee Rogers
<https://www.wsblind.org/blog/2021/11/5/hope-series-interview-with-shane-low