[NJTechDiv] news line

jane degenshein jdegen16 at comcast.net
Sat May 14 18:35:39 UTC 2022

Here are my notes for Alexa and newsline
Alexa Instructions
https://nfb.org/programs-services/nfb-newsline/alexa-instructions.

NFB-NEWSLINE® subscribers can access NFB-NEWSLINE hands-free on any Amazon
Alexa product, including Echo and Echo Dot. Below are some sample commands
for accessing and using the skill.
Enable the NFB-NEWSLINE Skill
Say, “Alexa open National Federation.”
To hear instructions about the skill say, “Alexa ask National Federation to
give me instructions.”
Log in to NFB-NEWSLINE
You will need to log in the first time you open the skill.
Say, "Alexa open National Federation."
Then say, "Alexa ask National Federation to log in."
State clearly, "Log in."
Provide your subscriber identification number and security code.
Select Content and Navigate Sections and Articles
Alexa can help you select and move through publications easily with a
variety of commands. Here are a few to get you started:
"Alexa ask National Federation to read The New York Times."
"Alexa ask National Federation to read The Wall Street Journal."
"Alexa ask National Federation to read next section."
"Alexa ask National Federation to go to previous section."
Move from article to article by simply saying “Next” or “Previous.” (Please
note: all other commands need to begin with “Alexa ask National
 Federation.”)
Alter Reader Voice and Speed
"Alexa ask National Federation to change voice."
"Alexa ask National Federation to read a little faster."
"Alexa ask National Federation to read a little slower."
"Alexa ask National Federation to read much faster."
"Alexa ask National Federation to read much slower."
Save an Article
"Alexa ask National Federation to email me this article."
General Help Command
“Alexa ask National Federation to give me instructions.”
Learn more about the Amazon Alexa family of devices and enable the
NFB-NEWSLINE Alexa skill today. For more assistance, please call
866-504-7300.