[NJTechDiv] news line

richardfox1 at comcast.net richardfox1 at comcast.net
Sat May 14 23:51:14 UTC 2022

Thanks very much Jane.

RJF

From: NJTechDiv <njtechdiv-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of jane degenshein via NJTechDiv
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2022 2:36 PM
To: ang345x at gmail.com; 'njtech' <njtechdiv at nfbnet.org>
Cc: jane degenshein <jdegen16 at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [NJTechDiv] news line

Here are my notes for Alexa and newsline

Alexa Instructions

https://nfb.org/programs-services/nfb-newsline/alexa-instructions.

NFB-NEWSLINE® subscribers can access NFB-NEWSLINE hands-free on any Amazon Alexa product, including Echo and Echo Dot. Below are some sample commands for accessing and using the skill.

Enable the NFB-NEWSLINE Skill

Say, “Alexa open National Federation.”

To hear instructions about the skill say, “Alexa ask National Federation to give me instructions.”

Log in to NFB-NEWSLINE

You will need to log in the first time you open the skill.

Say, "Alexa open National Federation."

Then say, "Alexa ask National Federation to log in."

State clearly, "Log in."

Provide your subscriber identification number and security code.

Select Content and Navigate Sections and Articles

Alexa can help you select and move through publications easily with a variety of commands. Here are a few to get you started:

"Alexa ask National Federation to read The New York Times."

"Alexa ask National Federation to read The Wall Street Journal."

"Alexa ask National Federation to read next section."

"Alexa ask National Federation to go to previous section."

Move from article to article by simply saying “Next” or “Previous.” (Please note: all other commands need to begin with “Alexa ask National Federation.”)

Alter Reader Voice and Speed

"Alexa ask National Federation to change voice."

"Alexa ask National Federation to read a little faster."

"Alexa ask National Federation to read a little slower."

"Alexa ask National Federation to read much faster."

"Alexa ask National Federation to read much slower."

Save an Article

"Alexa ask National Federation to email me this article."

General Help Command

“Alexa ask National Federation to give me instructions.”

Learn more about the Amazon Alexa family of devices and enable the NFB-NEWSLINE Alexa skill today. For more assistance, please call 866-504-7300.