[NJTechDiv] New laptop and software recommendations please

Lori Falk falkl at optonline.net
Sun May 22 14:20:05 UTC 2022

Good morning,

I am in need of the real true techies for windows laptops and software.

Please feel free to email me directly falkl at optonline.net

My current HP envy 17 inch touchscreen full keyboard from 2014 running Windows 10 Microsoft office 2013 is on its way out. Got hot and had an error saying it is unreliable and shuts down. I can get it to start and get into it to just get what I need from it. Cannot trust it.

The easiest hardware transition is to purchase almost the same laptop just updated.
It’s all the software that concerns me with windows 11 requiring a Microsoft account, office subscriptions running with JAWS needing it to actually be download it, The costs, etc.
Is it time to consider alternatives like Libre office and Thunderbird mail (currently outlook to my ISP with a pop connection) considering the amount of tasks I utilize the equipment for versus my eye devices?

I welcome your thoughts and recommendations.
Thank you in advance.
Lori