[NJTechDiv] Victory over Uber tipping!

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Tue Jul 25 21:22:55 UTC 2023

I finally figured out how to set the custom tip in Uber!

I put in the numbers for my tip, then I quick swipe left from 1 to Set Tip
and tap it.  I have to swipe fast, or it will add the 1 to my tip.  If I
feel around the screen for Set Tip, I don't find it anywhere.

My usual ride is around $10, so I set my tip to 2.22, which is easy,
especially since the app doesn't show me any numbers and only speaks them.
It also makes it easy to quick swipe left from 2 past 1 to Set Tip.

It shouldn't be this hard, but I've figured it out, at least for now.