[NJTechDiv] Notification from iPhone about compromised password

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Fri Apr 5 17:16:20 UTC 2024

I was logging into an app on my iPhone, and I got a notification that says a
password for one of my accounts has appeared in a data leak, and iPhone can
help me fix it.

I really don't know if this is a legitimate message or a phisching attempt.
I only have one app with a password, and it was the one I was logging into.
I don't know if I should tap on this notification or not.

The app I was logging into does have a bit of money in it, but is not
attached to any other account.  I have not received any email notices from
the company the app belongs to, or heard anything in the news about it.

What do people think?