[NJTechDiv] Notification from iPhone about compromised password

Vince Elorza vselorza at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 18:04:54 UTC 2024

Hi Tracy,
I had the same experience on Monday.
Over the weekend as I was accessing a music application I received an announcement asking me to register for a 30 day free trial. I thought I was skipping it, but apparently I did not and I registered for it. I figured since it was a music application that I use regularly that, I should pay it..
A day later, I received a message from apparently Apple, indicating that one of my passwords had been found in a data leak and asked me to change it using their website.
Like yourself, I was apprehensive about it and instead of doing that I canceled my  Subscription, but I went to passwords and changed my Apple ID password.
That's the only thing I did.
I know that Apple has had problems with some of their information.
I have an Apple Card and I am registered to use their payment option so I don't have to do it manually.
 a day later, I received a message from Apple indicating that there have been some issues and this particular item had been switched off
 When I change my password, Apple offered me the option to include it in my keychain, but I opted out. There are many issues that are happening lately and with the rapid progress of AI it is a race to deliver safer encryption for applications. And that is critical.  With a eyes availability of impersonating voice, websites I am also not sure what to trust anymore.
And we are not alone.
David Brooks wrote article in the editorial page of the New York Times concerning the issues that he has had recently reflecting his frustration with a fast changes in technology.  no lie anyway, that's all I did.
Just changed my Apple ID password and did not attach it to keychain.
Good luck
Vincent  an to
Kind regards,

Vincent   Elorza