[NJTechDiv] new enhanced screen reading feature of Adobe Reader

Serena Cucco serena.c.cucco at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 22:24:44 UTC 2024

Hi all,

If you've opened Adobe Acrobat Reader recently, you're probably wondering
why your document isn't reading right away.  It turns out that a dialogue
appears that asks if you want to change your screen reading options.
There's a new enhanced feature of Adobe's screen reading capabilities.  I
just changed my screen reading option and my document read just fine.
Notes for Jaws users: Jaws first speaks the percentages while the document
is being tagged to prepare it for reading.  Then, it will read your
document.  Also, access to all menus with Alt and first letter still
works.  I just checked.

Serena