[NJTechDiv] Sending a large group of photos from an iPhone 14Max

webmaster at nfbnj.org webmaster at nfbnj.org
Wed Jan 17 16:02:31 UTC 2024

Annemarie I am assuming you are using iOS 17.

Through a little Google searching, I found the following that might answer
your question:

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/this-hidden-ios-17-feature-makes-it-easier-
to-send-photos-and-videos-via-text-message/

This Hidden iOS 17 Feature Makes It Easier to Send Photos and Videos via
Text Message

Here's a handy, little-known iPhone trick you'll use every day.

Nelson Aguilar

Nelson Aguilar is an LA-based tech how-to writer and graduate of UCLA. With
more than a decade of experience, he covers Apple and Google and writes on
iPhone and Android features, privacy and security settings and more.

 <https://www.cnet.com/profiles/naguilar/> See full bio

Nelson Aguilar

Sept. 24, 2023 4:00 a.m. PT

2 min read

The new hidden feature is in the Messages application.

Nelson Aguilar/CNET

If you've
<https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/getting-an-iphone-15-today-change-these-4-
ios-17-settings-right-away/> updated to iOS 17, you may have noticed that
all the app icons that are usually above your keyboard in the
<https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/did-you-know-you-can-unsend-and-edit-text-
messages-on-your-iphone-heres-how/> Messages app are now gone. Instead, your
apps are accessible via the new plus (+) button to the left of the text
field. Meaning you'll need to tap at least twice to access the same apps as
before.

However, there's a
<https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/check-out-these-7-hidden-ios-17-settings-a
nd-features-on-your-iphone/> hidden feature in iOS 17 that lets you quickly
access one of these applications -- with a single press.

In this guide, we'll show you how to speedily get at your most recent photos
and videos in your camera roll to quickly send them via text messages on iOS
17.

17 Hidden iOS 17 Features and Settings on Your iPhone

<https://www.cnet.com/pictures/17-hidden-ios-17-features-and-settings-on-you
r-iphone/>

<https://www.cnet.com/pictures/17-hidden-ios-17-features-and-settings-on-you
r-iphone/>

<https://www.cnet.com/pictures/17-hidden-ios-17-features-and-settings-on-you
r-iphone/>

<https://www.cnet.com/pictures/17-hidden-ios-17-features-and-settings-on-you
r-iphone/>

<https://www.cnet.com/pictures/17-hidden-ios-17-features-and-settings-on-you
r-iphone/>

<https://www.cnet.com/pictures/17-hidden-ios-17-features-and-settings-on-you
r-iphone/>

<https://www.cnet.com/pictures/17-hidden-ios-17-features-and-settings-on-you
r-iphone/> +15 more

<https://www.cnet.com/pictures/17-hidden-ios-17-features-and-settings-on-you
r-iphone/> See all photos

If you haven't yet updated, here's
<https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/ios-17-released-how-to-download-and-instal
l-ios-17-on-your-iphone-today/> how to download and install iOS 17 on your
iPhone. And if you aren't sure whether you can upgrade, check out this
<https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/didnt-get-the-ios-17-update-on-your-iphone
-this-could-be-why/> list of iPhone models that support iOS 17.

How to access your recent photos and videos in Messages with a single tap

This hidden feature is incredibly easy to access. To bring up your camera
roll in a text message thread, simply press and hold down on the plus (+)
button for about a second or so. You should then see your keyboard
disappear, replaced by the most recent photos and videos in your camera
roll.

Press and hold down on the plus (+) button until your recent photos and
videos appear.

Nelson Aguilar/CNET

Unfortunately, there's no way to change which app opens when you press down
on the plus button, so you'll need to tap it and browse through the list to
access any other apps in Messages.