[Nmabs] The Cody Unser First Step Foundation: Adaptive Discover Scuba

NMABS President nmabs.president at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 19:50:09 UTC 2009

Tara and Team -

Greetings!  Shelley Unser asked me to contact you on her behalf.

We are thrilled that you will be able to attend the Handicapped Scuba
Association (HSA) Scuba Training Event and experience scuba diving by taking
our PADI Discover Scuba Class.  It will be one of the most rewarding
experiences you will have, I guarantee it.  And one more bit of news,
although you will be instructed by our local dive instructors, Jim Gatacre
will be there.  Jim is the founder of HSA and it is a treat to have him here
in New Mexico during your training.

The PADI Discover Scuba Diving program lets you experience the thrill of
diving under the supervision of a PADI Professional in pool or pool-like
conditions. During your adventure, you'll master some basic concepts and
scuba skills, and then you'll discover excitement and adventure - freedom
and serenity of being "weightless" and breathing underwater.  By completing
the Discover Scuba Class, you will be able to decide if scuba diving is a
sporting activity that interests you.

We will need contact information for each participant and able-bodied dive
buddy so I can call them to get some additional info needed to fit the dive
gear.

The attached forms are general forms that PADI requires all students to
submit before attending any training classes.  Please print, fill them out,
and bring them with you.

Medical Statement Instructions:

Print the document, fill it out, and bring it with you to class.  Please
ensure that you answer by spelling out NO or YES and sign the form.

Medical Statements with NO answers -   just sign and bring it with you.

Medical Statements with YES answers - you will need the form signed by a
medical doctor before you can participate.

Logistics:

Here are the logistics for the class.  Let me know if you have any questions
or need clarification.

26 September - Handicapped Scuba Association (HSA) / PADI Discover Scuba
Class

*	Rio Rancho Aquatic Center  12:45pm - 2:30pm

What to Bring:

*	Towel & Swim suit - if you have nylon long sleeved shirt (aka rash
guard) bring it with you.  This will make getting into the wet suit that
much easier.

Directions/Maps:

The Rio Rancho Aquatic Center Complex

47 mins  ~22.6 miles

UNM Area

1.

Head west on Central Blvd SE toward I-25

0.7 mi

2.

Take the ramp onto I-25 N/US-85 N

9.4 mi

3.

Take exit 233 toward Alameda Blvd/NM-528

0.2 mi

4.

Merge onto Pan American Fwy NE

0.2 mi

5.

Turn left at Alameda Blvd NE/NM-528

3.3 mi

6.

Continue straight onto Alameda Blvd NW/NM-528

0.8 mi

7.

Slight left to stay on Alameda Blvd NW/NM-528

Continue to follow NM-528

5.7 mi

8.

Turn left at Northern Blvd NE

2.0 mi

9.

Turn left at Loma Colorado St NE

Destination will be on the right

0.3 mi

 Rio Rancho Library

755 Loma Colorado St NE

Rio Rancho, NM 87124-6508

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,  Michele  505.379.9963

Michele Monsam

Michele Monsam

IT DCS CPM

Intel Corporation l Information Technology l Data Center Systems l Office
(505) 893-9083 | Mobile (505) 414-8486 |
<mailto:michele.r.monsam at intel.com> michele.r.monsam at intel.com