[Nmabs] FW: Meet the Blind Month

NMABS President nmabs.president at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 06:10:17 UTC 2010

From: Tara Sena [mailto:tmatzick06 at hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2010 12:07 AM
To: nmabs.president at gmail.com
Subject: FW: Meet the Blind Month

From: Tonia Trapp [mailto:tonialeigh513 at earthlink.net]
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2010 7:12 PM
To: tonialeigh513 at earthlink.net

From: Christine Hall [mailto:c.crick at msn.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2010 11:13 AM
To: 'Tonia Trapp'

Please forward

-----Original Message-----
From: Zakhnini, Karen [mailto:KZakhnini at nfb.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:23 AM
To: pallen at lcb-ruston.com; president at nfbp.org; M.BARBER at MCHSI.COM;
jcbichler at msn.com; rb15 at iquest.net; aburesh at neb.rr.com;
burke.dall at gmail.com; pattichang at att.net; ELSIEDICKERSON at YMAIL.COM;
PARNELL at SCCOAST.NET; JENNIFER.DUNNAM at EARTHLINK.NET; nanifife at aol.com;
K7UIJ at PANIX.COM; FRITZFAMILY at CENTURYTEL.NET; RICHARD.GAFFNEY at NFBRI.ORG;
DGALLOWAY627 at GMAIL.COM; Gardner, Ron; sgleese at city.jackson.ms.us;
C.CRICK at MSN.COM; DANJHICKS at YAHOO.COM; cathyj at iglou.com; OFFICE at NFBNY.ORG;
krezguy at cox.net; slabarre at labarrelaw.com; FRANCOIS57 at COMCAST.NET; Lewis,
Anil; NFB.ARKANSAS at SBCGLOBAL.NET; MAJLA at VERIZON.NET; CEMCNABB21 at YAHOO.COM;
ALASKANFB at YAHOO.COM; PRESIDENT.NFB.MI at GMAIL.COM; PYYHKALA at GMAIL.COM;
GHRAYNFBOFNC at CHARTER.NET; MELISSA at RICCOBONO.US; ERIVAL at SBCGLOBAL.NET;
GATORBUMPS at RUSHMORE.COM; arguza at attglobal.net; nfbnj at yahoo.com;
STEVE at SAWCZYN.COM; FSCHROEDER at SKS.COM; FSHINER at MYFAIRPOINT.NET;
REALHAPPYGIRL1 at GMAIL.COM; JWSMITHNFB at FRONTIER.COM; CS.NFBWV at VERIZON.NET;
ARTDS55 at COMCAST.NET; SELENA.J.SUNDLING at IRS.GOV; RKVEND at AOL.COM;
MWILLOWS at SBCGLOBAL.NET; AWOLF at NFB-TEXAS.ORG; DONNAJWOOD at COX.NET;
gwunder at earthlink.net

Subject: Meet the Blind Month

Dear Colleagues,

I hope that you are all doing well.  I am writing to tell you about what we
are planning for Meet the Blind Month.  We are rolling out a pilot program
called Who's Whozit.  This program is targeted at school-aged children and
the idea is to teach them about blindness and dispel any misconceptions
about blindness at an early age.  I have attached the MTBM campaign guide
for this year, which explains the program in more detail.  Please note that
this doesn't mean that you can not do any Meet the Blind Month activities
you normally do-this is a pilot program and you are not required to do it.
If you or someone in your affiliate wants to take on this project, that
would be fantastic.

In addition, there is information about a give-by-text program we are going
to be starting that will benefit the Imagination Fund.  As you know, the
fund benefits the Jernigan Institute, as well as our state affiliates.  We'd
like your help in getting the word out about this new program.  If you talk
to local groups, please ask them to send a text.  If you can get an
announcement at high school sporting events, or college or professional
sporting events (maybe on the jumbo-tron), that would be fabulous.  Please
note that while we have the information for the texting, we do not yet have
the program completely set up, so we have not yet begun the program.  I did
want you to have the information so that when it is ready, we will be ready.

If you have any questions about any of this please let me know.  We will
have the literature order form for MTBM ready to go on nfb.org later this
week.  Thank you so much!

Sincerely,
Karen C. Zakhnini
Manager of Corporate Outreach, Jernigan Institute
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

Phone: (410) 659-9314, ext. 2297
Fax: (410) 659-5129

Promote Access to Science Education for Blind Students!!!

Vote for the NFB Youth Slam in the Pepsi Refresh Project
<http://www.refresheverything.com/nfbyouthslam> , or text 101913 to Pepsi
(73774)