[Nmabs] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Mississippi State University Mentoring Project

NMABS President nmabs.president at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 17:40:56 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Tara Chavez [mailto:tmatzick06 at hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:12 PM
To: nmabs.president at gmail.com
Subject: FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Mississippi State University Mentoring
Project

-----Original Message-----
From: Christine Hall [mailto:c.tessa4 at comcast.net]
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2011 10:14 AM
To: 'Tara Chavez'
Project

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Arielle
Silverman (by way of David Andrews<dandrews at visi.com>)
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2011 9:48 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Project

Hello all,
The Rehabilitation Research and Training Center (RRTC) on Blindness and Low
Vision at Mississippi State University is researching a new mentoring
program for blind college students. They have invited me, as president of
the National Association of Blind Students, to assist in developing the
program and in recruiting mentors and mentees. I believe that this program
will provide an excellent opportunity for blind college students to
experience high-quality mentoring, and that the research findings that come
from this project can be used to improve rehabilitation for the blind. I
would also like to see Federationists get involved with this research.
If you are a blind college junior or senior, or if you are a blind
professional interested in mentoring a blind college student, I would
appreciate if you could read the attached flyers and consider filling out
the eligibility survey. After filling out the survey, you will be contacted
by the MSU research team with more details.
Thank you for your assistance with  this important work. If you have any
questions, feel free to contact me at nabs.president at gmail.com

Best regards,
Arielle Silverman

--
Arielle Silverman
President, National Association of Blind Students
nabs.president at gmail.com
Website:
www.nabslink.org

-----