[Nmabs] NMABS meeting minutes from January 15

NMABS President nmabs.president at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 01:50:48 UTC 2012

NMABS Meeting January 15, 2012

This meeting was held over teleconference.

The meeting was called to order at 7:15 PM.

Roll Call of members:

Amanda Youngblood

David Abraham

Michael Postlethwait

Lindsay Sloan

Christoper Chavez

Brianne Kotschwar

Tara Chavez

Treasurer's Report: $822.47 is our current balance.

Michael moved to approve the report, Lindsay  seconded, motion carries.

Minutes: david moved to approve them as read, Amanda seconded, motion
carries.

Seminar was a success.

Suggested topics for State Convention Seminar:

We are asking Darrian to come to state convention.

Kelly and technology.

Transition from high school to college

Transition from college to grad school or work place.

David, asking and accepting help.

Read or discuss "Don't Throw the Nickel."

Elections

Reach out to high school students

Reach out to college students

College recruiters from arc and special services cnm and unm.

Contact Joseph at Cnm.

Contact Amanda or Joan at Arc.

Focus on recruiting instead of fundraising.

David moved to donate $250 for scholarship this year, Chris seconded, motion
carries.

Bowling on a Saturday. Saturday February 11, 12:30-6:00 P M. Holiday Bowl.

Next meeting is February 19 at 7:00 P.M.

Presidential release, washington seminar February 6-February 9. Braille
monitor and presidential release will no longer be available on cassette.

Web site update: Amanda moved to switch the hosting of the web site to a
free hosting service, David seconded motion carries.

Meting adjourned at 8:12 P M.