[nobe-l] Hello and question

Faith Manion faith_manion at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 27 02:50:32 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,
My name is Faith Manion and I am a sophomore at Campbellsville University in Kentucky. I am completely blind in both eyes and only have light perception in the right eye. I am working on my under graduate degree right now and seeking teaching certification in high school English. Recently my education teachers and I were discussing items I might find difficulty dealing with in the classroom. One of the items both of us are unsure about revolves around classroom management and I was hoping some of you educators could provide some insight.

How do you manage your classroom? How do you know when students are misbehaving and what actions do you take to ensure this stops? What do you do when testing to ensure cheating does not occur? What do you do to ensure everyone is taking notes and not sleeping when you lecture?

These are just a few of the major questions that come to mind. I would greatly appreciate any information. My education teachers and I both want to ensure I receive the proper preparation needed to be successful in the classroom and just trying to determine what is best. Thanks for your assistance.

Faith Manion