[nobe-l] Hello and question

Anita Adkins Aadkins at BISM.org
Mon Oct 27 11:53:13 UTC 2008

know what you learn.  My email address at home is adkins at atlanticbb.net

Anita Adkins

-----Original Message-----
From: nobe-l-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nobe-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Faith Manion
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2008 10:51 PM
To: nobe-l at nfbnet.org
Subject: [nobe-l] Hello and question

Hello everyone,
My name is Faith Manion and I am a sophomore at Campbellsville
University in Kentucky. I am completely blind in both eyes and only have
light perception in the right eye. I am working on my under graduate
degree right now and seeking teaching certification in high school
English. Recently my education teachers and I were discussing items I
might find difficulty dealing with in the classroom. One of the items
both of us are unsure about revolves around classroom management and I
was hoping some of you educators could provide some insight.

How do you manage your classroom? How do you know when students are
misbehaving and what actions do you take to ensure this stops? What do
you do when testing to ensure cheating does not occur? What do you do to
ensure everyone is taking notes and not sleeping when you lecture?

These are just a few of the major questions that come to mind. I would
greatly appreciate any information. My education teachers and I both
want to ensure I receive the proper preparation needed to be successful
in the classroom and just trying to determine what is best. Thanks for
your assistance.

Faith Manion