[nobe-l] transportation between schools

Kimberly Morrow, PhD. morrowmediakc at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 21:10:52 UTC 2009

I am currently in the final stage of completing TVI certification. The way I understand it, if the district offers to pay for your transportation, you're very fortunate--but don't count on it. Bear in mind that the district could hire a sighted itinerant who could provide their own transportation, as well as perform assessments without assistance, at no additional cost to them. In order to compete effectively, especially in these difficult economic times, I believe it is essential to plan on paying all blindness-related expenses out of pocket. If that means you would not make a fufficient income on which to live, then you simply don't accept the position.


Marianne Denning wrote: 
> If you work as an itinerant teacher and travel between school buildings using a cab does the school district pay for it or is the total cost out of your pocket?
> _______________________________________________
> nobe-l mailing list
> nobe-l at nfbnet.org
> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nobe-l_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for nobe-l:
> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nobe-l_nfbnet.org/morrowmediakc%40yahoo.com

More information about the NOBE-L mailing list