[nobe-l] an introduction

Hope Paulos hope.paulos at maine.edu
Fri Oct 23 20:14:27 UTC 2009

Hello Peter. My name is Hope Paulos and I'm a student teacher of Spanish at
a local high school, here in Maine. I have not found anything that I *can't*
do as a teacher. For hand-written assignments, I have my mentor teacher  as
a reader. When I become a certified teacher, I'll most likely have a hired
reader or an ed-tech in the room. My biggest concern/problem at this point
is classroom management. I've had several students take advantage of the
fact taht my mentor teacher went out of the room several times for 10
minutes at a time. Although I listened to the students, it's difficult at
times to figure out what they were doing. The incident I'm referring to is
someone putting glue in someone else's hair. I wouldn't be able to hear
that.  What level are you thinking of teaching? I don't think you'll have
any dfficulty. You could use a tactile map to work on geography with the
students. I find this list very helpful, so if you have any questions I'm
sure the people here will be willing to help.
Sincerely,
Hope Paulos and guide dog, Beignet (pronounced Ben yay).