[nobe-l] student teaching and advice

Faith Manion faith_manion at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 6 20:18:32 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I am having a meeting this Friday with some of the professors at my university to discuss student teaching.  I will be doing my student teaching next spring.  For anyone on the list who has completed their student teaching I have a few questions for you.

What was your experience?  What worked?  What didn't work?

Did someone assist you in the classroom or was it just you and the teacher?

What did you do instead of having the kids raise their hands to answer questions?

How did you handle grading papers?  I use Kurswell, is there any way to scann in hand written papers with this program?  Does anyone else know any other trick for grading hand written papers/ assignments?

How did you handle classroom management when student teaching?

Do you have any advice or suggestions in general?

Thanks everyone.

Faith Manion